Peer Review Process
- Editors first review the submitted manuscript, called initial review by the editors. It will be desk evaluated whether the submitted manuscript is suitable for the <<Soetomo Communication and Humanities>> based on focus and scope, similarity score by using Crosscheck-iThenticate, methodological flaw, readability of the articles, and adhering to the submitted paper template.
- Furthermore, the manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous reviewers.
- Review process article using Double Blind Peer Review
- The anonymous reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses. Afterward, the editorial team meeting suggested the final decision to the revised manuscript by authors.
- Finally, the Editor will send the final decision to the corresponding author.
- The accepted manuscript then continued to the copyediting and layout editing process to prepare the camera-ready paper.
Utilizing feedback from the peer review process, the Editor will make a final publication decision. The review process will take approximately 4 to 12 weeks. Decisions categories include:
- Reject - Rejected manuscripts will not be published, and authors will not have the opportunity to resubmit a revised version of the manuscript to <<Soetomo Communication and Humanities>>.
- Resubmit for Review– The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, it may be accepted. However, It will require a second round of review.
- Accept with Revisions - ManuscriptsPeer Review Process receiving an accept-pending-revisions decision will be published in <<Soetomo Communication and Humanities>> under the condition that Minor or Major modifications are made. Revisions will be reviewed by an editorial team to ensure necessary updates are made prior to publication.
- Accept - Accepted manuscripts will be published in the current form, with no further modifications required.
All correspondence concerning manuscripts should be directed to the Editor of <<Soetomo Communication and Humanities>> and cc to [email protected]. The Editor will direct all correspondence to the lead author; the lead author is responsible for sharing communications with other authors. Beyond communication concerning the review, manuscripts accepted for publication may require additional correspondence to complete copyediting and layout editing.