Main Article Content
Noodles are foods that are often consumed by the public and contain a lot of carbohydrate compounds. Human needs are not only for carbohydrates but also for protein, fat, or mineral compounds. The need for macronutrients or minerals is not only found in flour sources, but can be obtained from natural sources such as Moringa oleifera leaves. It is known that Moringa oleifera leaves have nutritional, mineral or antioxidant potential and other bioactive. The purpose of this study was to determine the levels of macronutrients, crude fiber, and minerals (Ca and Fe) contained in wet noodles added (fortified) with Moringa oleifera leaves flour. In this study, the experimental design used a completely randomized design (CRD). The treatment carried out in the study was using 100% wheat flour as a control, 5% Moringa oleifera leaves flour, and 95% wheat flour, 10% Moringa oleifera leaves flour and 90% wheat flour, 15% Moringa leaves flour, and 85% wheat flour. The results showed that the addition of higher concentrations of Moringa oleifera flour resulted in differences in crude fiber, macronutrients and minerals in wet noodle products. Increasing the concentration of Moringa oleifera flour used also has a different effect on the sensory parameter of noodles. It is recommended that the use of Moringa oleifera flour does not exceed 5% because it is greatly affects the organoleptic of the product. Concentrations of 5%, 10%, and 15% have potential to increase macronutrients and minerals in noodle products. So it can be confirmed that Moringa oleifera leaves have the potential as a source of functional food.
Key words: Noodles, Moringa oleifera, macro nutrition, minerals
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Adi, A. C., Rachmah, Q., & Arimbi, A. N. (2019). The acceptance and nutritional value of crispy noodles supplemented with moringa oleifera as a functional snack for children in a food insecure area. Preventive Nutrition and Food Science, 24(4), 387–392. https://doi.org/10.3746/pnf.2019.24.4.387
- Alemayehu, D., Desse, G., Abegaz, K., Desalegn, B. B., & Getahun, D. (2016). Proximate, Mineral Composition and Sensory Acceptability of Home Made Noodles from Stinging Nettle (Urtica simensis) Leaves and Wheat Flour Blends. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition Engineering, 6(3), 55–61. https://doi.org/10.5923/j.food.20160603.02
- Arise, A. K., Arise, R. O., Sanusi, M. O., Esan, O. T., & Oyeyinka, S. A. (2014). Effect of Moringa oleifera flower fortification on the nutritional quality and sensory properties of weaning food. Croatian Journal of Food Science and Technology, 6(2), 65–71. https://doi.org/10.17508/cjfst.2014.6.2.01
- Berkovich, L., Earon, G., Ron, I., Rimmon, A., Vexler, A., & Lev-Ari, S. (2013). Moringa Oleifera aqueous leaf extract down-regulates nuclear factor-kappaB and increases cytotoxic effect of chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer cells. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 13. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6882-13-212
- Catherine A. Orisa, & Ukpong S. Udofia(Ph.D). (2019). Proximate and Mineral Compositions of Noodles Made from Triticum durum, Digitaria exilis, Vigna unguiculata Flour and Moringa oleifera Powder. Journal of Food Science and Engineering, 9(7), 276–286. https://doi.org/10.17265/2159-5828/2019.07.003
- Chandra, S., Dwivedi, P., & Shinde, L. (2019). Significance of Moringa Noodles for Increasing Breast Milk ARTICLE INFORMATION. International Research Journal of Food and Nutrition Mini-Review, 2663–7189.
- Fajar Nur Atmaja, B. M., & Suhita, N. (2020). Journal for Quality in Public Health ISSN : 2614-4913 ( Print ) 2614-4921 ( Online ) Analysis Of Protein Levels With Giving Kelor Leaf Extract ( Moringa Oleifera ) On Soy Milk Website : http://jqph.org | Email : [email protected] Journal for Quali. 3(2), 604–610. https://doi.org/10.30994/jqph.v3i2.110
- Fu, B. X. (2008). Asian noodles: History, classification, raw materials, and processing. Food Research International, 41(9), 888–902. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2007.11.007
- Gopalakrishnan, L., Doriya, K., & Kumar, D. S. (2016). Moringa oleifera: A review on nutritive importance and its medicinal application. Food Science and Human Wellness, 5(2), 49–56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fshw.2016.04.001
- Govender, L., & Siwela, M. (2020). The effect of moringa oleifera leaf powder on the physical quality, nutritional composition and consumer acceptability of white and brown breads. Foods, 9(12), 1–17. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods9121910
- Huang, Y. C., & Lai, H. M. (2010). Noodle quality affected by different cereal starches. Journal of Food Engineering, 97(2), 135–143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2009.10.002
- Kasolo, J. N., Bimenya, G. S., Ojok, L., Ochieng, J., & Ogwal-Okeng, J. W. (2010). Phytochemicals and uses of Moringa oleifera leaves in Ugandan rural communities. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 4(9), 753–757. https://doi.org/10.5897/JMPR10.492
- Li, M., Zhu, K. X., Guo, X. N., Brijs, K., & Zhou, H. M. (2014). Natural additives in wheat-based pasta and noodle products: Opportunities for enhanced nutritional and functional properties. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 13(4), 347–357. https://doi.org/10.1111/1541-4337.12066
- Mbikay, M. (2012). Therapeutic potential of Moringa oleifera leaves in chronic hyperglycemia and dyslipidemia: A review. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 3 MAR(March), 1–12. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2012.00024
- Olorunsogo, S. T., Adebayo, S. E., Orhevba, B. A., & Awoyinka, T. B. (2019). Physicochemical properties of instant noodles produced from blends of sweet potato, soybean and corn flour. Food Research, 3(5), 391–399. https://doi.org/10.26656/fr.2017.3(5).304
- Olson, M. E., Sankaran, R. P., Fahey, J. W., Grusak, M. A., Odee, D., & Nouman, W. (2016). Leaf protein and mineral concentrations across the “Miracle tree” genus moringa. PLoS ONE, 11(7). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0159782
- Oyeyinka, A. T., & Oyeyinka, S. A. (2018). Moringa oleifera as a food fortificant: Recent trends and prospects. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, 17(2), 127–136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssas.2016.02.002
- Prayitno, S. A., & Rahim, A. R. (2021). The Proportion of Moringa and Cassava Leaves on the Chemical and Sensory Properties of Chicken Nuggets. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1764(1). https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1764/1/012032
- Sengev, A. I., Abu, J. O., & Gernah, D. I. (2013). Effect of <i>Moringa oleifera</i> Leaf Powder Supplementation on Some Quality Characteristics of Wheat Bread. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 04(03), 270–275. https://doi.org/10.4236/fns.2013.43036
- Sinaga, H., Agatha Purba, R., & Nurminah Program Studi Ilmu dan Teknologi Pangan Fakultas Pertanian USU Medan Jl Sofyan No, M. A. (2019). PENGARUH PENAMBAHAN TEPUNG DAUN KELOR (Moringa oleifera) DALAM PEMBUATAN KUE ONDE-ONDE KETAWA MENGGUNAKAN TEPUNG MOCAF EFFECT OF MORINGA LEAVES FLOUR (Moringa oleifera) ADDITION IN MAKING CAKE ONDE-ONDE USING MOCAF FLOUR. Hotnida Sinaga, Ria Agatha Purba Dan Mimi Nurminah, 3(1), 29–37.
- Susilowati, S., & Rizal, M. (2018). Influence of addition of moringa oleifera Lam Leaves Flour To Mocaf based Noodles Results. 112(Iconhomecs 2017), 126–129. https://doi.org/10.2991/iconhomecs-17.2018.30
- Zula, A. T., Ayele, D. A., & Egigayhu, W. A. (2021). Proximate composition, antinutritional content, microbial load, and sensory acceptability of noodles formulated from moringa (Moringa oleifera) leaf powder and wheat flour blend. International Journal of Food Science, 2021(2015). https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/6689247