Author Guidelines FOODSCITECH
FOODSCITECH JOURNAL is a journal that publishes research progress articles in the food sector with a focus and scope: food science, nutrition, food chemistry, food biochemistry, food microbiology, food safety, food engineering, food security, food quality and sensory, functional food, and the field of food security, others that are closely related to food.
JOURNAL OF FOODSCITECH contains original scientific papers in the form of research papers, short communications and reviews that have never been published or are not being sent to other media. Issues covered are required to display new aspects or information, provide an important contribution to the new science, technology or its application
- General Requirements
The minimum standard requirements of FOODSCITECH must be
- Manuscripts sent to the editor in the form of English must be accompanied by an abstract and keywords in English. The number of pages in article writing is at least 12 pages.
- Written in English, paper size A4. Margin top,left,bottom,right 2.5 cm
- Typed in the form of one (1) column.
- Writing distance between rows is 1 (one) space.
- Written in English Language, typed using the Microsoft Word program, A4 paper and Arial font 11 pt, and 1.15 spacing.
- Equation : arial, 11 pt, spasi 1.15
- Pictures are numbered and the title of the picture as well as written below the image at a distance of 1 (one) space. Arial 10 pt, center text
- Table by table number and title of the table as well as written above the table with a distance of 1 (one) space, arial, 10pt, align text of left
- Graphic Format : - Give legend, Description on the top and bottom left ( Arial, 9pt, bold, line space 1 ), Don't use gridline, Image quality must be clear.
- The author’s name should be accompanied by a complete affiliation address and corresponding email.
- The length of the submitted paper is at least 8 pages and no more than 15 pages
- Use a tool such as Mendeley for reference management and formatting, and choose Format "APA"
- Make sure that your paper is prepared using the Journal Template/FOODSCITECH template
- The article will be followed statements on the Foodscitech Ethical Statement and Copyright Transfer Agreement.
- Soft copy uploaded on the website FOODSCITECH.
- All correspondence is done via open journal system (OJS) FOODSCITECH
- Structure of The Manuscript
The manuscript must be prepared and suggested present follow the structure:
- Article title should be concise, informative 16 words maximum.
- Title wrote in the English Language & United Kingdom with a capital letter unless the name of the species.
- The author's name is written without a title, enter the sign * for writers, correspondents include the numbers 1, 2, 3 and so on for different agencies
- Name of the agencies should be written in full.
- Compulsory correspondent Authors list the complete address with zip code and email is active.
- Abstract written in a single paragraph in English (italics), each no more than 250 words.
- Abstract contains highlights of the background, materials and methods, as well as the results of the study includes quantitative data that stands out and is associated with the title, and conclusions.
- Written with letters of Arial 10 pt, space 1.0
The keywords a number of 3-5 words are arranged alphabetically. Use the font Arial 10 pt, and bold
Introduction contains the background of research, why this research is important and
how is research progressing on this topic, and support libraries.Then also discussed aboutgaps” or problems in the field. Then an explanation is given that the topic of this research is a solution to the problem or gap, which ends with research objectives.
- Main ingredients used must be clear specifications and source.
- Specifications of chemicals and equipment integrated in the main method.
- The methods used must be reproducible and if taken from other sources are equipped with citations.
- Statistical analysis are written at the end of the materials and methods, lists the statistics method used and the tools/software to perform statistical analysis
- Methods sections typically use subheadings; they are written in the past tense, and they use a lot of passive voice
Results and Discussion
- The titles table and Figure must be numbered sequentially according the article.
- Discussion of research results accompanied the appropriate library support.
- A decimal number are written with a comma for the English Language; a decimal number is adjusted to the type of analysis.
- The Data presented in the form of an average Standard Deviation are equipped with (SD) or Standard Error of the Mean (SEM) in tables or images.
- Data accompanied by appropriate statistical analysis, must be equipped with complete information about the procedures of sampling, repetition, and statistical methods are used.
The conclusion drawn on the basis of the results and a discussion with reference to the research objectives. Summarize sentences the primary outcomes of the study in a paragraph. Written in narrative form, not in the form of a point per point.
(If necessary) is written the name of the agency or individual who was instrumental in funding the implementation of the research and the writing of the article.
- Reference Writing refers to MENDELEY Citation Style (Format "APA")
- Order of libraries arranged alphabetically.
- The year, Volume and page is rendered in full.
- Library from the internet carries the date at time of quote e. Library used maximum is the latest issue of the last 10 years.The minimum number of references is 15.
- If any Number of DOI (Digital Object Identifier) must be attached,
(Example of writing references)
The Journal Reference
Li Q, Zheng L, Qiu N, Cai H, Tomberlin JK, Yu Z (2011). Bioconversion of dairy manure by Black Soldier Fly (Diptera: Stratiomyidae) for biodiesel and sugar production. Waste Manag. 31:1316-1320.
Hritcu L, Ciobica A, Gorgan L. (2009). Nicotine-induced memory impairment by increasing brain oxidative stress. Cent. Eur. J. Biol. • 4(3) • 2009 • 335–342 DOI:10.2478/s11535-009-0029-x
Berdanier CD. (1998). Advanced Nutrition: Micronutrient. CLC Press, Florida: 1998. p.9-19.
(Reference the thesis/theses)
Prayogo I. (2017). PengaruhKonsentrasiEkstrakDaunBeluntas (Pluchea indica Lees) dan DaunKelor (Moringa deifera) yang BerbedaSebagaiPewarnaAlamiTerhadapMutu Es Krim. Skripsi, Universitas Dr. Soetomo Surabaya. http://unitomolibrary.ac.id
Hidayat R. Dosis vitamin E. https://sains.kompas.com/read/2012/08/16/15534153/ dosis.vitamin.e. (Diakses: 10 Januari 2017