Sanitary Test of Penyetan Vendors’ Plates Using Swab Test Method of Total Plate Count and Escherichia coli in Tambaksari District of Surabaya

Tiara Puswarni Mulyono, Fadjar Kurnia Hartati, Arlin Besari Djauhari

Abstract


The number of female workers has been on the rise along with life necessities. The usual role of women to cook for the family gradually transforms into preparing for customers on street foods. Penyetan is one of the favourite kind of street foods due to its availability and extensive selection of side dish options. The plate is standard dishware used to serve penyetan. One plate typically used to serve many customers one after another with the washing process in between. This research serves the purpose of finding out the hygiene of the street foods in Tambaksari, Surabaya, using the presence of Escherichia coli bacteria as a marker towards 76 penyetan street foods in Tambaksari district. From 76 places, the result showed that only eight places (11%) meet the requirements of the Health Minister Regulation No. 1096/2011 about Hygiene Sanitation for Catering Services, while the other 68 plates (89%) contained bacteria that surpass the threshold of the regulation. And for E. coli, the result was 20% (15 places) are positive, while the other is negative (80% or 61 places).The number of female workers has been on the rise along with life necessities. The usual role of women to cook for the family gradually transforms into preparing for customers on street foods. Penyetan is one of the favourite kind of street foods due to its availability and extensive selection of side dish options. The plate is standard dishware used to serve penyetan. One plate typically used to serve many customers one after another with the washing process in between. This research serves the purpose of finding out the hygiene of the street foods in Tambaksari, Surabaya, using the presence of Escherichia coli bacteria as a marker towards 76 penyetan street foods in Tambaksari district. From 76 places, the result showed that only eight places (11%) meet the requirements of the Health Minister Regulation No. 1096/2011 about Hygiene Sanitation for Catering Services, while the other 68 plates (89%) contained bacteria that surpass the threshold of the regulation. And for E. coli, the result was 20% (15 places) are positive, while the other is negative (80% or 61 places).

Full Text:

PDF

References


Aditiasari, D., 2015, Asyik, Motor Gratis Lewat Tol Jembatan Suramadu Mulai Pukul 00.00, https://finance.detik.com/berita-ekonomi-bisnis/d-2940995/asyik-motor-gratis-lewat-tol-jembatan-suramadu-mulai-pukul-0000, diakses pada 24 Februari 2019.

Alhabsyi, N., Mantiri, F. R., dan Kandou, F. E., 2016, “Perhitungan Angka Kuman dan Identifikasi Bakteri dari Alat Makan Pada Restoran, Warung Makan Permanen Sederhana, dan Pedagang Makanan Kaki Lima Di Kota Manado”, Jurnal Ilmiah Farmasi, Vol. 5, (332-330).

Badan Pusat Statistik, 2018, Persentase Rumah Tangga menurut Provinsi, Jenis Kelamin KRT yang Bekerja, dan Daerah Tempat Tinggal, 2009-2017. https://www.bps.go.id/statictable/2012/04/19/1606/persentase-rumah-tangga-menurut-provinsi--jenis-kelamin-krt-yang-bekerja--dan-daerah-tempat-tinggal--2009-2017.html, diakses pada 14 September 2018.

Badan Pusat Statistik Kota Surabaya, 2014, Banyaknya Penduduk Menurut Jenis Kelamin Per Kecamatan Hasil Registrasi, 2014. https://surabayakota.bps.go.id/statictable/2015/01/09/322/banyaknya-penduduk-menurut-jenis-kelamin-per-kecamatan-hasil-registrasi-2014.html, diakses pada 24 Februari 2019.

Badan Standardisasi Nasional, 2016, Mikrobiologi bahan pangan dan pakan – Metode horizontal enumerasi β-glucuronidase – Escherichia coli positif. Bagian 2: Teknik penghitungan koloni pada suhu 44°C dan 5-bromo-4-chloro-3-indolyl β-D-glucuronide (ISO 16649-2:2001, IDT), Badan Standardisasi Nasional, DKI Jakarta.

Badan Standardisasi Nasional, 2015, Mikrobiologi rantai pangan - Metode horizontal untuk enumerasi mikroorganisme - Bagian 1: Penghitungan koloni pada suhu 30°C dengan teknik cawan tuang (ISO 4833-1:2013, IDT), Badan Standardisasi Nasional, DKI Jakarta.

Ed. Donnenberg, M. S., 2013, Escherichia coli, Pathotypes and Principles of Pathogenesis, Edisi Kedua, Academic Press, London.

Haderiah, Sulasmi, Novi, 2015, “Studi Kualitas Bakteriologis Peralatan Makan Pada Rumah Makan di Kota Makassar”, Higiene: Jurnal Kesehatan Lingkungan, Vol. 1, (124-128).

Hartati, F. K., 2016, Evaluasi Metode Pengujian Angka Lempeng Total menggunakan Metode Petrifilm Aerobic Count Plate Terhadap metode Uji SNI 01.2332. 2006 Pada Produk Perikanan di LPPMHP Surabaya. HEURISTIC: Jurnal Teknik Industri, 13(02).

International Organization for Standardization, 2018, ISO 18593, Microbiology of the food chain – Horizontal methods for surface sampling, International Organization for Standardization, Geneva.

Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, 2011, Keputusan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor 1096/MENKES/PER/VI/2011 Tentang Higiene Sanitasi Jasaboga, Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, DKI Jakarta.

Satyaningsih, A., Sabilu, Y., dan Munandar, S., 2017, “Gambaran Higiene Sanitasi dan Keberadaan Escherichia coli dalam Jajanan Kue Basah Di Pasar Kota Kendari Tahun 2017", Jurnal Ilmiah Mahasiswa Kesehatan Masyarakat, Vol. 2, (1-10).

Syafitri, L., 2017, “Insidensi Penyakit Diare Berdasarkan Kepadatan Bakteri Coliform Di Sungai Jawi, Kota Pontianak”, Jurnal Teknologi Lingkungan Lahan Basah, Vol. 1, (1-10).

Wicaksono, D. P., Wibowo, dan Aryanto, H., 2014, “Rancangan Buku Panduan Digital Wisata Kuliner Pedas di Surabaya”, Jurnal DKV Adiwarna, Vol. 1, (1248-1259).

Wismabrata, M. H., 2018, 4 Fakta di Balik Jembatan Suramadu, Tarif Tol Gratis hingga Harapan Jokowi, Eds. : Ika, A., https://regional.kompas.com/read/2018/10/30/05000051/4-fakta-di-balik-jembatan-suramadu-tarif-tol-gratis-hingga-harapan-jokowi, diakses pada 24 Februari 2019.




DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.25139/fst.v0i0.2057

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Indexed By :

80 80 80

Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
View My Stats